Wednesday, January 9, 2013

OUR REFERRAL

November 14th @ 8:35 pm all five us crowded in the office and nervously swarmed the computer screen! There was our BOND referral file ready to be opened..We really have waited so long for this..Before we opened there were random questions,such as....Here it is, with much vain..."What if he's ugly?" Ha!I know...Not proud of it, because it came from me...the Mama. However it was a thought that I happened to vocalize...other questions shouted out, "How will we know if he's the one?" "How old is he?"And from our Mia..."What if he has a little sister?" with really no audible answers...we OPENED....
     The Enter button was pushed to Open the first sight of our son~ As I am hearing lot's of awes and coos around me, I am folded over the keyboard crying as he IS the little boy from my dream...our soul son...Knowing we serve a God of Amazing details...I shouldn't have been surprised, but I was overwhelmed with it! He had taken our breath away..We proceeded to lightly scan over the medical details...but we already knew we would ACCEPT this Referral...now KNOWN as our son..There is such delight in seeing him each week via email. The anticipation of the weekly updates brings that warmness you get when Thanksgiving dinner has been set on the table, the Rush of the day after Christmas Sale at Target, and truly more delicious than any shots on top of my Starbucks Americano! We rip into the updates and as quick as we can, we send the photos of our son to all our phones! Only to show him off, of course...I will share very soon the GOD details that led to us even being able to accept our "referral". The design of this adoption, Hollywood could never have produced.

2 comments:

  1. I know this story, and I STILL have tears in my eyes as I read this! God is SOO good!!!

    ReplyDelete